What is Cellulite?
Cellulite is generally recognised as waste materials and excess fluids that collect in the fibrous tissue under the skin, presenting as “orange peel”, or dimpled skin.
What causes Cellulite?
Cellulite is caused by reduced blood circulation in certain areas of the body, leading to swollen fat tissue and stagnant lymphatic fluids.
It affects mostly women and it is well known that dieting and excersise alone is not effective in treating cellulite.
How can Ultrasonic Cavitation help?
The use of ultrasonic cavitation is one of the latest and most effective technologies for fat and cellulite reduction treatments.
During cavitation, ultrasound waves break up fat cells and their contents. The fat cells and fluid are then absorbed and metabolized by the liver and released from the body through urine. For more details on the process see, Cavitation (Non-Surgical lipo) and Frequently Asked Questions.
Ultrasonic treatments are non-invasive, and painless.
Why not contact us and book your appointment today?
For people looking to combat wrinkles and sagging skin resulting from sun damage, smoking and the ravages of time, some doctors are offering an increasingly popular treatment: Just apply heat.
The treatments involve machines that heat the tissue using Radio-Frequency (RF) or ultrasound energy. The heat they generate stimulates the growth of collagen, a fibrous protein important in maintaining the face’s youthful look, physicians say. A growing menu of options one that feels like a hot-stone massage; and another that applies extreme heat for an effective, though painful, lifting.
Unlike with face-lifts, or older-style laser resurfacing, which destroys the top layer of skin, a person treated with a radio-frequency or ultrasound machine doesn’t have to stay in hiding until the face heals. Side effects may include a mild burn, bruising or a blister.
Prevention is always better than cure. Anyone wanting to prevent ageing can ensure that their monthly facial is far more beneficial than just a pamper session by have a monthly RF Facial, which stimulates collagen, tightens skin and smooths out fine lines.
Most of us have heard about the skeletal system and the muscular system, very few of us will have heard about the lymphatic system, even though if the lymphatic system were to stop functioning completely, we would die within hours.
The lymphatic system is the secondary circulation system found in the body and has a very complex set of tasks. The major tasks are cleaning and nourishing the cells.
Lymph is a clear fluid containing nutrients and oxygen, and we have twice as much lymph fluid in our bodies as blood! Lymph fluid is deposited around the cells to keep them nourished. The cells are able to discard waste and toxic materials into this fluid which then transports it, via the lymph nodes which filter it, back into the general circulation. It’s a one-way transportation system, so lymph should only ever flow in one direction – away from the cells and towards the heart.
There are a number of reasons why our Lymphatic System can be put under strain:
- Poor lifestyle choices (this is one of the most common reasons with overindulgence topping the list)
- Lack of exercise – lymphatic fluid needs muscle power to push it round the body
- Poor diet – may increase congestion and produce more waste for the lymph to pick up and dispose of
- Pollutants – environmental and dietary
- Surgery and trauma
Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage
Lymphatic function supports every other system in the body, including the immune, digestive, detoxification and nervous systems.
It’s important in immunity, inflammation and healing in general, so an efficient lymphatic system is going to help in many areas. Lymphatic drainage is a way to achieve that efficiency.
- Skin care: Lymph drainage is great for puffiness around the eyes and for reducing fine lines. It can improve complexion and help clear up acne.
- Detox: This is one of the most popular reasons for lymph drainage. It helps to cleanse the system after periods of high stress or overindulgence.
- Headaches: Because lymphatic drainage improves blood flow and helps to unblock fluid build up. It can be effective in the treatment of headaches, particularly, pain caused by sinusitus.
- Promote healing: After surgery or injury lymphatic drainage activates the lymphocytes, involved in reconstructing the tissue. It can help with reducing inflammation and improving the healing process.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy often leads to fluid retention, causing discomfort in the legs and feet. Lymphatic drainage can be started at the end of the first trimester and continued throughout the pregnancy.
- Relaxation: The cleansing and rejuvenating effects of lymphatic drainage relive stress and lead to a greater feeling of relaxation. Improved Immune System
- Strengthening the Immune System: As the flow of lymphatic materials slows, the immune system weakens. Lymphatic drainage can improve the function of the immune system thereby increasing the production of antibodies that fight off infections.
The International Alliance of Healthcare Educators states that the rhythm, pressure and motion of lymph drainage massages work together to reduce pain and stress and to promote general vitality and well-being.
Most people will notice improvements in their level of wellbeing after a treatment because lymphatic drainage has so many benefits. Keep yourself looking and feeling in tip-top condition with a regular session.
Staying well hydrated, getting regular exercise, eating nutritious food, receiving lymphatic drainage massage, and employing suitable stress management techniques can all help support the health of the lymphatic system, and are wonderful ways to look after the whole body.
That’s right, in just two weeks you can shed excess fat and feel like a new person.
Have a look at these fantastic results achieved at our Benoni Branch!
Do you suffer from stubborn fat deposits that never seem to disappear no matter your diet or how hard you work out?
Well, there’s good news. Ultrasonic Cavitation is a new way to shed excess fat and it’s ideal for stubborn fat pockets.
- is area specific, you can target the most problematic areas eg: abdomen, “love handles”, thighs, “saddle bags”, buttocks, inner knees, upper arm, “man boobs”.
- is non invasive.
- is FDA approved.
- shows immediate results!
- is pain free.
- removes fat cells permanently.
This technology uses biocavitational ultrasound waves to selectively break down fat cells and cellulite without affecting neighbouring organs and cells. The low frequency ultrasound agitates the liquid around the fat cells, causing the fat cells to burst. This allows the body to eliminate them naturally by disposing of them through the urinary tract and lymphatic system.
Each treatment breaks down a quarter of a cup (60ml) of fat!
The procedure is comfortable and painless, has no side effects, and requires no anaesthesia or sedation.
What are you waiting for? Call your closest branch and book a FREE CONSULTATION.
The holidays are here and we’re all worried about gaining a few kilos, but there’s no need to skip those social gatherings just because you’re worried about your weight. Try these tips to help you keep the distance while making the most of the season.
- Snack on something healthy before you go out partying. You’ll be less tempted to overindulge.
- Be selective about your choices at the buffet, choose only what you absolutely love and skip the rest.
- Use a small plate, and don’t pile things on.
- Never go back for seconds, and eat only until you are satisfied.
- Slow down on the alcohol. Alcohol can lessen inhibitions and induce overeating. If you must indulge, sip slowly and alternate drinks with a glass of water.
- Position yourself away from the food table so that you’re not tempted to graze.
- If you overeat at one meal slow down on the next. It takes 250 calories per day (or 1750 calories per week) above your normal/maintenance consumption to gain one kilogram. It is impossible to gain weight from one piece of pie!
- Dance! It’s a fabulously fun way to burn calories. It it’s a more formal do, psych yourself up for the healthy choices you’re going to make and dance before the event!
- If you absolutely must have dessert, share it with a friend.
- If you find yourself overindulging, don’t beat yourself up about it. Tomorrow’s another day to make smarter choices.
Our Managing Director, Kim Sheffield, is currently with the fabulous team at our Somerset West Branch. The ladies have all been in formal training on our products and services in order to bring you the best possible results.
It looks like they really enjoyed it, and if you look closely, you can see our lovely MD hiding in the mirror. She’s been doubling up as photographer it seems.
Kim spends much of her time researching products and treatments worldwide, to bring you the very best in aesthetic care. All our Estheticians are trained to the highest standards and each branch is stringently and continuously assessed.
Well done Somerset West for the fantastic results you’ve been achieving!
If you’d like to find out more about our products and services, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Laser Liposuction treatments work by using a laser beam (heat) to increase the metabolism of the fat cell, causing fat cell to become porous, like a sponge. The cells then open allowing the liquid fat to move into the lymphatic area and work its way out slowly over time. The result is that the fat cells shrink, but remain in place. Some people’s bodies respond by moving the fat out through the lymphatic system while with others, their bodies reabsorb the fat, showing little to no loss.
Laser Liposuction does NOT destroy fat cells.
Noticeable results are experienced only 50% of the time. In many cases, fat simply moves back into the cell. The cell is NOT destroyed during a Laser Liposuction treatment. Most clients will see fat return to their bodies within the following three (3) months of completing Laser Liposuction treatments.
Ultrasonic Cavitation completely destroys fat cells in the area of treatment. Using high powered natural ultrasound you can have same day PERMANENT RESULTS that last!
The treatment uses an ultrasound cavitation effect, to create thousands of micro air bubbles around the lipocyte (fat cell) membranes. The ultrasonic waves penetrate deep into the subcutaneous fat and this non-invasive treatment actually BURSTS the fat cells in those stubborn areas.
The fat deposits are then simply absorbed by the liver and disposed of naturally.
Ultrasonic Cavitation results are immediate with continued results becoming visible for the next 72 hours.
An Ultrasonic Cavitation treatment is hands-on and encourages the lymphatic flow through the lymphatic system. This technique aids the body in moving the fat out of the treated area. The high intensity vibration of the ultrasound causes the lymphatic system to engage and eliminate fat, toxins and by-products.
Ultrasonic Cavitation is a FDA approved, non-surgical alternative to losing centimetres.
The combination of Ultrasound Cavitation and Radio Frequency treatments provides the most comprehensive results without surgery for natural centimeter loss, body contouring and anti-wrinkle treatments.
Ultasonic Cavitation is the quick, painless, affordable way to lose centimetres and gives instant results!
Find your closest branch and book your free consultation to get started on achieving the results you’ve always dreamed of.